|Title||Senior Manager Strategy & Project Management|
|Department||MTN Business Department|
|Posting Date||2021-02-09 00:00:00|
The Senior Manager of Strategy & Project Management reports to the CEO and spearheads formulation of the business’s long-term strategic plans, analyses, and recommendations in relation to matters such as emerging industry trends, competitive dynamics, expansion opportunities, and business performance enhancement.
The Senior Manager should be passionate, results-driven, and focused on consistent business growth and development. The role is responsible for alignment to Group Strategy, coordinating that the plan addresses opportunities in the market while also positioning the Operation as future fit.
On a day-to-day basis the occupant of this role works closely with the CEO, CFO, and all Heads of department in delivering on the Company strategy.
- Internally lead the design and formulation of the Company strategy and align the Company strategy with Group wide advised strategy.
- Research emerging industry trends and identify risks to the delivery of Company strategy and bring these to managements’ attention.
- Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business opportunities/ risks.
- Champion the Company strategy and its execution throughout the fiscal year.
- Coordinate the execution of Company strategy across the company and regularly report to management and advise on changes that need to be implemented.
- Support the business and Financial Planning and Analysis unit in formulation of 3 years rolling Business plan.
- Working closely with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to perform cost benefit analyses of proposed business cases.
- This person will also be charged with leading the execution of Special projects within the CEO’s office.
- Implement appropriate systems for monitoring the effectiveness of strategies being implemented and report back to management.
- Manage the process for elevating / escalating control risks to more senior levels when appropriate.
- Collaboratively work with Group, Regional functions to enhance overall Strategy management and execution.
- Establish a continuous improvement mechanism to enhance Strategy formulation and execution processes within the Company.
- Establish and lead high performance diverse teams to achieve MTN strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s in any Business or Technology related disciplines.
- Post graduate MBA / Masters is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field and experience working in a managerial role.
- Telecommunications industry experience is added advantage.
- Work across diverse cultures and geographies
- Significant experience in evaluating the Policies associated with complex/ emerging business and operational processes.
- Business Acumen, Problem Solving, Information processing, Influencing others.
- Data interpretation, Judgement, Continuous improvement, Reporting
- Good Communication Skills, Innovative, Agile, Accountable
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials not later than
19th February 2021, Through the job’s platform on: jobs2.RW@mtn.com
MTN Rwandacell Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
|Closing Date||19 February 2021|