|Title||Manager, Network Switching System (NSS)|
|Posting Date||2021-02-12 00:00:00|
- ollow up and assist subordinates in troubleshooting activities to solve encountered network switching system problems.
- Transfer knowledge and experience to direct reports.
- Follow up closely all opened CSR’s (problems/ consultation) and projects with the suppliers.
- Manage the spare parts availability, monthly inventory and follow up on the repair and return process.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the Network Switching System elements (MSC/VLR, GMSC, HLR and MGW).
- Manage the implementation of switching system network elements (MSC/VLR, GMSC, HLR and MGW) based on MTN rollout plan.
- Manage the development of preventive and corrective maintenance procedures and ensure its proper application.
- Manage data change requests on NSS Nodes and ensure its proper execution.
- Plan and follow up on daily routine tasks (monitoring, health check, backup, handling NSS nodes, CSR feedback, …)
- Variable work pressure during day, night and contingency (Expansion, upgrade, reshuffling,…)
- High-speed rhythm is required.
- Communications with other 3rd parties (Ericsson and international carriers) and other MTN teams (billing, IN, Engineering, maintenance, NOC, …) are required
- Manage the implementation of new services as per requirements.
- Manage and follow up on the weekly statistical reports for NSS KPIs and take action where required.
- Manage the immediate response to emergency situation (calls failing, congestion problems…).
- Manage the periodic backups of NSS nodes on external media as recommended.
- Manage the monitoring of NSS nodes and ensure that all faults have been resolved or escalated.
- Manage the analysis on NSS network node performance and take action where required.
- Ensure that daily health check of NSS nodes is provided.
- Prepare duties and tasks schedules for NSS team.
- Transfer knowledge and experience to NSS team to handle all NSS issues.
- Managing and following up on NSS team.
- Participate in selection and evaluations of direct reports.
- Managing time and set priorities according to the unit tasks.
- Generate periodic reports on the unit tasks.
- Participate in designing network topology.
- Evaluate the performance of the direct reports and give them the needed guidance.
- Ability to analyze the generated NSS KPI reports and offer the suitable solutions.
- Develop various applications to automate tasks that are done manually.
- Generating database tables including different statistics (KPIs) which enable to have one professional data report.
- Innovate the way of performing tasks with the goal of improving efficiency.
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication or related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience.
- MSS/HLR configuration and O&M courses
- MGW configuration and O&M courses
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials not later than
22nd February 2021, Through the job’s platform on: jobs2.RW@mtn.com or HRIS
MTN Rwandacell Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
|Closing Date||22 February 2021|