|Title||Controller Process & Internal Controls|
|Posting Date||2022-02-22 18:44:18|
MTN Rwanda is focused on attracting, recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals that contribute meaningfully to the achievement of our mission of making our customers’ lives a whole lot BRIGHTER.
We are an equal employment employer with a strong culture that is forward looking and encourages creative thinking and innovation, while remaining at the forefront of the latest technology and trends.
MTN Rwanda is therefore Internally and Externally recruiting highly competent and self-motivating individuals for the below positions.
- Abide and execute the functional strategy cascaded by the functional lead
- Abide by and execute the functional strategy cascaded by the functional lead
- Assist in review of the functional strategy and roadmap, in collaboration with the functional lead, to ensure its alignment with the changing dynamics of the internal and external ecosystem
- Implement adequate risk mitigation and controls, with directions from the functional lead
- Assist in the evaluation baseline of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and KPIs, when required
- Assist in the preparation of proposal on change initiatives SLA, policies and procedures, when required
- Abide by the established objectives, targets and budgets for the sub-function, when required
- Document identified key risks, issues and dependencies and set mitigation actions, with guidance from the functional lead
- Report on a daily basis to the functional lead relating to progress made within the work ar Execute policies, procedures and guidelines cascaded by the functional lead and ensure compliance with the same
- Comply with the set governance mechanisms, under supervision from the functional lead
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of Internal controls strategies and propose offers and suggestions for improvements
- Ensure implementation, compliance & adherence to the standards, policies, guidelines & processes defined by Group DigiFin Risk & Compliance team, and MTN Group Risk & Compliance team as applicable
- Maintain appropriate level of communication on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
- Provide managers and management with the relevant Internal Control methodological support operationalizing all FinTech compliance agendas/ relationships as well as helping to ensure compliance to internal processes and policies, applicable laws and regulations
- Develop adequate training material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology
- Manage the impact of potential changes driven by the regulators, industry, marketplace, and/or legal environment and assist in devising strategy to influence for embedding appropriate controls to mitigate the potential risks
- Work closely with Manager on all risk management, compliance, ethics management, fraud, BCP/DR related matters, ensuring regular controls for each of these are in place
- Establish a robust and comprehensive control and processes environment and ensure the continuous improvement through implementing Best Practices
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on Internal Control framework and control deficiencies in line with requirements to ensure appropriate escalation and adequate action plans
- Degree in Administration/ Management, Finance, Accounting, Business Science (or related)
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ total experience in Risk & Compliance or allied field is required Experience in Fintech, banking or Telecom is preferred
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials not later than
3rd March 2022 at 5:00 pm Through the job’s platform on: jobs2.RW@mtn.com
We highly encourage females or women to apply.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted within 14days after their submission
MTN Rwanda plc is an equal opportunity employer.
|Closing Date||3 May 2021|