Roaming with your MTN line while traveling abroad allows you to stay in touch with family, business, and friends even when you are thousands of miles away from Rwanda.
Here are a few roaming tips to remember.
Before You Travel:
- Confirm that MTN has a roaming partner in the destination you are traveling to.
- MTN Post-paid customers must activate International Roaming on their lines by visiting an MTN Service Centre to sign a contract and pay a deposit of 250,000 RWF (This deposit is refundable)
- MTN Pre-paid customers are not required to sign a contract nor pay a deposit.
- Check that you have enough airtime for your trip. To check your airtime balance, dial *131#.
- While roaming, you can buy airtime using your Mobile Money account. To purchase airtime on MoMo, dial *182#.
When You Arrive
- To enjoy data roaming, go to settings and turn on ‘data roaming’
- Set phone on 3G or 4G where applicable.
- MTN Pre-paid customers who are traveling to Kenya and other countries where MTN operates, can subscribe to any roaming bundle. You can dial *345# to purchase a roaming data bundle . Click on this link for the available bundles .
For support, kindly contact us through:
NOTE: Where you do not purchase a roaming bundle, ‘pay as you go’ rates apply to voice calls, SMS, incoming calls, and data services.