About MTN Yolo Hackathon
MTN Yolo Hackathon is a youth challenge meant to address specific challenges in the society of Rwanda by developing digital channels. It is an opportunity to create innovative financial applications and transactions using the Mobile Money API (MoMo) MTN platform.
- 1st prize worth Rwf 2,000,000
- 2nd prize worth Rwf 1,200,000)
- 3rd prize worth Rwf 800,000
- MTN Yolo Hackathon is based on individual or team participation. You can have at most 4 members in your team.
- It’s an online hackathon, so you can participate from anywhere.
- You are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be developed entirely during the MTN MoMo Hackathon duration. You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems/services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds, etc., but you must comply with the relevant licenses governing such libraries.
- The intellectual property in the App that you submit during the build phase belongs to you / your team.
- By participating in the MTN Yolo Hackathon, you agree to the terms and conditions that govern the challenge.
In order to be eligible for participation in the MTN Yolo Hackathon, each entrant must:
- be a citizen or a legal permanent resident of Rwanda
- be between 15 to 35 years old. For all participants below 21 years, parents or legal guardians permission is required.
- have no criminal record – Participants with any criminal records shall be automatically disqualified;
- not, in any way, be affiliated with, or employed/contracted by an MTN competitor in the telecommunications industry;
- be willing to provide to and verify to MTN their personal information including, but not limited to, full name/s and surname, identity/passport/residence permit /social security number, age, physical residential address, mobile telephone number, and banking details;
- be in possession of a valid MTN Mobile Money Account or alternatively, eligible to acquire or open a valid MTN Mobile Money Account;
- be able to present the Idea submitted in the Idea Phase in person to the relevant MTN Comitte/Panel
- abide by these T&Cs;
The application to Yolo Hackathon will run from 14th to is 31st January 2021.
For purposes of registration to participate in the hackathon, please follow the following steps:
- To register fill the form below
- Sign-up to create your account on the Challenge Portal by following the on-screen instructions; and
- Register to participate and fill out the required fields by following the on-screen instructions.