Magic Voice is a patented IVR based service which can be used to transform user’s voice in different ways over the phone and talk to their friends. In addition to this, a wide variety of ambiences can be added to the call, to make it more interesting.
How to subscribe
IVR: To subscribe via IVR Customers should dial 196 or 196 Followed by MTN mobile number and select a package (Daily or Weekly) of their choice.
Subscription costs for MagicVoice are as below:
Terms and conditions:
Users comply with all regulations they have agreed upon during SIM registration. However, routing of registered SIM numbers to the portal still lies in control of the MSC. MTN assumes that all calls routed to the servers are registered users.
- Magic Voice will be open to all MTN customers.
- Customers will be able to subscribe to the service using their mobile main balance.
- Customers will not be able to subscribe to the service using any FREE wallets i.e. Rewards talk time, SMSs bundles or Rewards SMSs.
- Customer will be notified for renewal upon expiration
- The complete portal is toll free to charge the user only if part B picks up the call.
- Voice/Ambience options are changed dynamically according to the season; therefore, the same voice may not be available when users dial in later.
- All voice options are mapped to numbers in the keypad, change of voice/ambience over the call may happen if these buttons are pressed accidentally or intentionally.
- Users may dial to any number they want to and play pranks. However, making unsolicited calls are not permitted. If identified and reported, MTN provisions to block the users from using the service temporarily/permanently.
- What is Magic Voice?
Magic Voice is a fun based service that allows callers to change their voice automatically and lets them speak to their friends in changed voices.
- Who can use the Magic Voice service?
The Magic Voice service is available to all MTN customers of the operator where the service is live. Once they are subscribed to the service, they will be able to make calls to their friend’s using their changed voice.
- Is a special handset required to use the Magic Voice service?
No. Magic Voice is handset independent and will work on any mobile phone.
- How can callers use the Magic Voice service?
Caller dials short code 196/196FriendNumber from the mobile.
Caller selects the voice they would like to continue in.
The caller then inputs the Friend number.
The call is then connected, and user can speak to their friends in the changed voice.
- How can callers change their voice to other voices while speaking to their friend?
During the call, the user must press ‘1’, ‘2’ or ‘3’ to change their voice to other available options. These are configurable.
- Can the voice options assigned to a particular digit be changed?
Yes, this is a very simple change in the backend and can be made in less than 24hours.
Note: The changes would have to be made by the BNG support team.
- How can callers change back to their original voice while speaking to their friend?
During the call, the user must press ‘0’ to go back to the original voice.
- Can users call friends on other networks with changed voices?
It is possible to call friends of other operators with changed voice only if the operator opens the call routing (off net calls) to the other operators.
- Can users call friends in other countries with changed voices?
It is possible to call friends in other countries with changed voice only if the operator opens the call routing for international calls. The applicable rates would also apply
- What are the languages supported by Magic Voice?
Magic Voice is independent of Languages. It works on basic speech and not on languages. So the caller can speak in any language, and we can change his voice.
- Can the voices be customized to provide personalized voices like that of Celebrities?
- What happens if the caller does not press a button to select a voice option?
When the caller uses the service, they will be given the option to select a voice option. If they do not select an option within a specified amount of time, based on our best practices, a default voice option would be chosen for them and the call to the friend’s number would be made with the default voice option.
- How can callers subscribe to the service?
Via IVR: Users that call in to the Magic Voice service and have not subscribed will automatically be given the option to subscribe for the service
Via CCI: A URL will also be provided where customer care representatives can manually subscribe a user.
Via WAP: Clicking on the activate button on seeing Ads on websites over internet.
- How can callers unsubscribe from the service?
Via IVR: Users can call in to the Magic Voice service and follow the options from the Main Menu to unsubscribe from the service.
Via CCI: A URL will also be provided where customer care representatives can manually unsubscribe a user.
- What are some of the issues that can be faced while using the Magic Voice service?
Unable to connect to the ‘B’ Party. This can be caused due to issues in the transmission or the line. This can also be caused if the ‘B’ Party’s phone has been turned off or is out of coverage.
There is disturbance during the call. This can be caused due to issues in the transmission or the line. There is also the possibility that there is an issue with the hardware.
- The voice is not being changed during the call. This can be caused due to incorrect configuration in the backend.
- Unable to reach the Magic Voice service. This can be caused if the line connecting the MTN’s MSC to the Magic Voice server is down.
- Contact in case of complaints or Inquiries