Village Phone commonly known as Tel’imbere offers communications even to remote villages.
MTN in partnership with Rwanda’s microfinance institutions Vision Finance, Urwego, Inkingi, Duterimbere, and UCT – makes it possible to start your own Village Phone service with no start-up money through the use of start-up loans.
What are the Tariffs
Calling costs are kept as affordable as possible, and can be purchased in intervals of 10 RWF.
|Destination||Village Phone Tariffs|
|MTN||10 Rwf / 10 Seconds|
|Fixed||30 Rwf / 10 Seconds|
|Other Networks||30 Rwf / 10 Seconds|
|East Africa (Including DRC)||30 Rwf / 10 Seconds|
|Rest of World||50 Rwf / 10 Seconds|
All prices are VAT inclusive.
What are the Benefits
- With a booster antenna – Village Phone service is available in areas without a strong network.
- With a car battery charger – Village Phone is possible even in areas without electricity
- Offers business opportunities for poor rural people, access to communications for all communities.
- Operators benefit from low-interest loans and lower rates while the loan is being paid off.
- Not only sell calls, but sell SMS and MTN M-Charge – Virtual top-up!