The Short Message Service (SMS) is a service that allows you to send short inexpensive messages (up to 160 characters) nationally and internationally. When you’re busy and can’t talk (or want to conserve your airtime); but need to spread the word; SMS is your answer.
How to Activate
Most cell phones automatically allow for the sending and receiving of SMS messages.
To set up SMS on your mobile phone:
Step 1: * the ‘Message’ or ‘Mail’ menu.
Step 2: Find option saying Message Settings or Message Center Number and *.
Step 3: Enter +250788110333 and save - MTN SMS will be automatically activated.
How to Use
- * the ‘Message’ or ‘Mail’ menu on your mobile.
- Find option saying Write Message or ‘New Message’ and *.
- Type in message using your mobile’s keypad; press the key multiple times to * the letter of choice. SMS will send a message of 160 characters at a time- if your message is longer; it will be sent in multiple SMS messages automatically.
- * options or press the button.
- Key in the mobile number or numbers of the person(s) youre sending the message to.
- Press the button to send.
What is the Cost
|Per Second Billing (PSB)|
|MTN to MTN||11Rwf|
All prices are VAT Inclusive
What are the Benefits
- You can send short and to the point messages quickly.
- Sending an SMS conserves your airtime for when you really need to talk.
- You have a written record of your messages in your inbox.
- Send a message to multiple recipients at once.
- Send an SMS message back simply by replying.